Pages

Monday, March 06, 2006

Groining Pains

I have a groin pull. This may seem like rather an odd way to begin a blog, or to begin blogging at all, which is what I'm doing, but if the old stand-by is to "write what you know," then this is what I'm knowing, rather emphatically, just at the moment. I had sort of always assumed that, like prostate cancer and hernias, groin pulls were a boy thing. Wrong with bells on and spikes poking you just east and west of the naughty bits. I'm not sure that's even what I've done, only that's where it hurts, so that's what we're calling it. It's sort of onomatopoeia, actually, since groin is much the noise I made when I tried to roll out of bed this morning. Lots of groining and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Anyway, enough about me and the ramifications of athletic overconfidence. This is my first attempt at blogging, as will shortly become apparent, if it isn't already. In fact, I'm going to stop right here and see if this works.

3 comments:

No longer the blog tramp! said...

Groin pull does not sound fun...but niether does leprosy. You don't really have leprosy do you?? Thanks for sharing your blog!!

Shannon Perry said...

Wow,that was quick. Just posted moments ago.

Anonymous said...

What's this I hear about growing pants? Everybody knows you buy those at the GAPtm or at the thrifty recycle. I've been gardening a few years now and not single pair of pants come up there - not even a pair of those ones that just go half way down or to your calves - no matter how many pair I bury. And as much as we might hope our pants would grow - so's we don't notice how much our waistlines expand - that sounds more like a skinny dream to me. So I'm callin' ya on this one. Aint no growing pants! No way, no how. Oh...nevermind.